Liquid Silicone Rubber - LSR is the material used in the liquid injection molding ( LIM ) process at Da/Pro Rubber. LSR produces medium to high volume rubber parts more efficiently and economically than other rubber molding processes. Using LSR materials have the following molding benefits:
- LSR molding cycle time is measured in seconds, as opposed to minutes by other methods.
- LSR molding materials are pre-mixed in a closed system, preventing contamination.
- Using LSR in the LIM process produces less scrap from excess rubber molding material than other methods.
- The flow properties of liquid silicone rubber make it ideal for molding smaller, tight tolerance parts.
- The flow properties of LSR also make it essential to manufacture a precision tool to prevent secondary operations caused by excess flash in the molding process.
- LSR is a cured rubber silicone with low compression set, great stability and the ability to resist extreme temperature variations.