High Temperature Plastics
Da/Pro Northeast offers molding of high temperature plastics including PEEK, Ultem and more. High temperature plastics like PEEK offer stable physical properties, dimensional stability and characteristics that are ideal for electrical applications that can experience increased temperatures. Da/Pro NE works with a variety of materials that fall in the high temperature range and can obtain materials that will assist in flame retardance, wear resistance, conductivity, structural reinforcement available in a variety of colors. While most plastics do not hold up to harsh chemicals, high temperature plastics offer more chemical resistance than most.
Overmolding rubber to plastic requires the use of high temperature plastic as rubber molding temperatures can exceed 350°F. Da/Pro can manufacture the high temperature plastic insert and overmold the rubber. This reduces costs of purchasing high temp inserts from separate suppliers. Using high temperature plastics as inserts in place of metal can also significantly reduce costs where the application allows.
- Physical property characteristics of high temperature compounds (Ref: http://www.rtpcompany.com/products/hightemp/).
- Strength and modulus decrease as the temperature increases.
- Reinforcements increase short-term load carrying capabilities.
- Polymeric impact modifiers reduce both long- and short-term capabilities.
- Thermal stabilizers increase long-term capabilities in some polymers.
- Most other additives have little effect on thermal properties.